Our vision is to create a trading environment in which businesses can flourish without the threat of criminal activity
Business Crime Partnerships bring Businesses (both in the daytime and evening economies), Police and Local Authority Representatives together to exchange information on known offenders.
This information is analysed to identify crime patterns and persistent offenders. The partnership then alerts members to counter any emerging crime patterns.
Radio Link System
The process is actively complemented by a radio link system which is the operational heart of the partnership.
The radio set up ensures that members are in direct and constant contact with each other, the Police, the Newcastle CCTV Centre M.R.S. Communications and our Crime Manager.
We share, respond to and collate crime prevention information and data.
This information is analysed by the partnership to identify crime patterns and persistent offenders.
Reducing Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
Business Crime Reduction Partnerships are performing a valuable function as part of local community efforts to reduce crime and anti social behaviour which affects businesses, their staff, customers and the community.
In the pursuit of recording and communicating crime intelligence our Crime Manager Jason Bould will:
- Extend crime intelligence information and data across the Borough.
- Communicate trends, statistics and intelligence to our business Community.
- Regularly liaise with Police Crime prevention teams.
- Regularly liaise with our Radio Scheme Partners M-R-S
- Communications relating to the provision, training and usage of Radios.
- Regularly liaise with all members through personal visits, telephone, email and our website.
- Maintain an effective criminal intelligence database and provide periodic reports to members.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with our PCSOs.
- Facilitate membership meetings.
Need further information?